Monday, January 2, 2012

Brazil Butt Lift

So today I worked out with Beachbody's Brazil Butt Lift. I ordered the basic set from Mary, which included 8 workouts (Bum Bum, High & Tight, Tummy Tuck, Sculpt, Cardio Axe, Bum Bum Rapido, Bum Bum Live, and as a bonus; Secret Weapon Workout) plus Booty Basics (demo of signature moves) on 4 DVDs, a calendar, nutrition guide, tape measure, pencil, measurement tracker, travel workout cards, resistance band, and 6 Day Supermodel Slim Down Plan. I'm not following any food plan, but am counting calories & keeping them in my range to lose weight (1500-1800) and eating fruits & veggies daily. In the Booty Makeover Guide you determine what type of butt you have and then follow the designated workout plan for that type. While I am a pear shape, I decided to follow the Slim & Lift rotation.


So today I did Booty Basics, which isn't a workout, but more of a demo of the moves you will be doing in the upcoming workouts. It runs 14 minutes and does not do the exercises evenly for each side. Then as per the calendar, I did Bum Bum which is a 29 minute non-stop workout consisting of many squats & lunges. I followed the moderators to avoid any high impact and since I haven't done any major exercise other than walking, dance, and qi gong for 2 years. I found the music to be rather generic (latin instrumental), the (male) instructor was upbeat and ok, the set was indoors with some cuts to a sunny beach. It was a no non-sense workout, nothing really fun or exciting. I'm hoping the other workouts will have a higher fun factor, or I won't be doing these often.
I read that to avoid lactic acid build-up in your muscles you should take a Glutamine supplement to avoid soreness, so I did take 1 with breakfast, lunch, and will take another with dinner. I did the workout hours earlier, and feel only a little tightness in my thighs and bum.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...