Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yikes!

Ok, so after doing BBL on Monday, about two hours afterward I started having very sharp pains in my right knee. I read about BBL not being knee friendly and I made a point to follow the modifiers and to not go as deep in my lunges and to keep my weight in my heels. Having said that, I did do the moves where you raise up on the ball of your foot, so I'm assuming this is what injured my knee. The pain kept getting worse and it was very difficult for me to get up or sit down and I couldn't sleep at night. It swelled up and the pain was below, to the side, and behind the knee cap. My other muscles were sore, but not as bad as I was expecting. I did feel some burn in my inner thighs, butt, and hips - but I like the burn that says you worked out! Since I do not want to risk injury, for now I'm going to shelf BBL and pick it up again once I can build up my leg/knee/thigh muscles and then I will do the moves with a flat foot and not raise my heels. I think I will also pad the rotation as I did with Slim Series - put a rest day or walking or Qi Gong in between days and only do the plan 3 days a week.
I'm considering doing Joyce Vedral's 12 Minute Total Body Workout (book) since it worked for me in the past (I lost 50 pounds without really changing my diet) and it is so quick and easy to do.


I'll figure it out by next week. For today since my knee is still sore, I'm not doing any lunges, squats, or anything else to hurt it more. I did some light stretching yesterday and today I did some...

Walk It Out


Just Dance 3


and Burlesque

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...