Saturday, January 21, 2012

Workouts for this past week

Despite major time constraints, TMJ/dental issues, and family drama I managed to still workout 6 days this week, following all of JV's book workouts and Planet Motion Dance Your Journey. Part of me feels I need to do more and I will gradually build up my workouts, but I feel really good about establishing a habit of working out 6 days a week and sticking with it no matter what.


There is something that feels so good in doing Planet Motion. I guess it appeals to the part of me that enjoys qi gong, yoga, reiki, dance, and NIA. She does call it moving meditation. I like the music (tribal, middle eastern, new age), that I can do it barefoot, there is no impact so it is kind to the joints, it doesn't require alot of room, and it just brings me joy. I know some people are turned off by Kendra's singing, chanting, and headband. I like that she incorporates qi gong moves and talk of energy & chakras, but I can totally understand how odd it may come across to someone unfamiliar with mind-body & energy work. You can view a clip of it here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...