Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Workout

In addition to doing my daily JV workout today, I also did a new workout; Walkout by Jane Fonda.


The other day Mary had it on sale as the deal of the day, so I ordered it since I enjoy walking workouts and it was my reward for reaching my goals the past week. I did level 1 today and enjoyed it. While this is geared for people over 50, I appreciated the spot on cueing, slower transitions, and joint friendly low impact of it. Level 1 ran a total of 26 minutes, with some feel good stretches at the end. During the aerobic section she does marching, side steps, heel digs, side taps, side lunges, bob and weaves, hamstring curls, grapevines, and knee lifts, most with arm movements. It is only Jane doing the workout on a "family room" looking set, with some low volume generic instrumental music. This workout uses a chair & towel for some of the stretches.
Not only is this perfect for seniors, but also a beginner of any age, it is very non-intimidating & doable. Jane says she is 72yrs old when she filmed this in 2010 (she also said she had a knee & hip replacement) and she looks amazing! This DVD also has a preview of her other 2010 DVD Fit & Strong and another section of Kegel exercises to prevent incontinence.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...