Friday, June 1, 2012

TGIF!

Yesterday I did not get a workout in since my husband took the day off so we could have a date day. We spent the day shopping, went out to eat, and checked out a new (to us) park.

Today I started doing Tonique Sculpt Dynamics Arms, but decided to save it for another day, since I have fun weekend plans and whenever I do hardcore arm work that burns (and yes this seemed like killer arm work) it can not only give me DOMS the next day, but migraines and shoulder pain. I know I will be doing alot of walking & photography and want to be pain-free for the weekend.

So instead I did Barefoot Cardio.

*** A few deals I spotted in recent magazines...

*$10 off Zumba Exhilarate on US orders; use codeEXHI-LANL-ZYSU-BM60

*Get Jillian Michaels' cookbook Master Your Metabolism FREE, pay only $4.95 S&H...go to cookbook offer.

Also, I highly recommend Pinterest for recipes, workouts, and all kind of fun stuff! You can check out my boards and follow me HERE. I have three food boards; one for general Vegetarian foods, Veg Burgers, and naughty Sweets.

I recently tried several recipes I happened upon there. Click on the links to go to the original recipes/websites. The first was Taco Pasta.

I doubled the recipe and to make it Vegetarian, I used Fantastic Foods Taco Meat substitute for beef. It was yummy, though probably not all that healthy.

The next was Asian Noodle Salad.

This one I adapted by using only red cabbage and red peppers, and omitting the bean sprouts and sesame oil. I thought this one tasted amazing when just made. Leftover, I did not care for it since the noodles absorbed the oil and it just didn't taste fresh.

Next was the Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich.

This one I simplified by using only smashed chickpeas and avocado on whole grain bread with baby spinach. I could not believe how much this tasted like tuna salad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...